The internet is my favorite place to find recipes. I cull a lot of sources for recipes when I am menu planning. Pinterest, Food blogs. Food magazine websites. In my experience, there are a few places that I can always count on for providing me with easy, tasty recipes that end up becoming part of my cooking repertoire. So for today’s Friday Five, I am sharing my favorites with you.
1) Skinnytaste. One of the first blogs I found via Pinterest was Skinnytaste. I try to eat healthy most of the time, and Gina provides so many delicious, healthy — and most importantly — quick recipes that have been very successful. The most recent winner was the Grilled Chicken with Black Bean and Mango Salsa.
Not exactly a fall dish, but it was delicious and light.
2) Martha Stewart. I have raved about Martha before, so this should come as no surprise. Yes, sometimes her recipes can be a bit complicated, but if you are looking for a dish for a special occasion or something you know will impress, this is the place to go. And she does have quite a few 30 minutes and under recipes on the site too. This Half-Hour Chicken Gumbo is on my list to make soon.
3) Iowa Girl Eats. Kristen posts so many delicious looking recipes that I haven’t had a chance to make them all. But she is the blogger who inspired me to try out crispy gnocchi so for that I am forever grateful.
4) Eating Well. I subscribe to Eating Well Magazine, but their website is the real star here. As with Skinnytaste, this site is a great resource to healthy and quick meals. I just saved this Root Vegetable Stew with Herbed Dumplings for future use. This Smoky Corn and Black Bean Pizza is an old favorite as well.
5) Smitten Kitchen. Last but not least is Smitten Kitchen. This is one of my favorite sites just too look at. All of her food pictures are just mouth watering. My friend Jenny has made the Buttermilk Roast Chicken a few times and says it is delicious, and I am thinking of attempting it soon. Some of Deb’s recipes aren’t exactly quick, but the payoff is worth it. The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook is also awesome and I highly recommend it.