This week seemed to fly by, which is totally fine with me. I am looking forward to a weekend filled with pumpkin carving, a trip to a corn maze, a costume party and some homemade fettuccine alfredo.
1) After my pumpkin spice oatmeal kick of last week, I needed a break. Enter pumpkin spice granola!
I picked a few boxes up from Trader Joe’s and have been mixing equal parts of granola and Greek yogurt for breakfast every morning. This granola is also super tasty if you mixed it with almond milk (or regular milk) and heat it up in the microwave. Yum.
2) The last thing we need in our house is more mugs, yet I find myself on the hunt for fun mugs to add to our collection. I like to have separate mugs for tea and coffee (because I am OCD like that), so in my mind, the more mugs, the merrier.
These two are my current favorites. The one of the left is a recent purchase from Target and the one of the right I picked up in San Francisco’s Chinatown a few years back. My favorite places to look for mugs are HomeGoods, Anthropologie and thrift stores.
3) Fall has finally fully arrived in Atlanta and I’ve been eating soup for lunch almost every day this week. I’ve mostly been gravitating to the miso soup I bought awhile back at Buford Highway Farmers Market. It is so easy to make and tastes exactly like the kind you get at sushi restaurants. I will be heading back to the store next week to pick up some more.
4) Speaking of soup, I’m thinking I’m going to try my hand at homemade soup next week. I’ve made a few before that have turned out well. After getting some tomato and zucchini soup at Whole Foods the other day, I think that’s the direction I will be going. This recipe sounds like a winner to me.
5) There seems to be a theme with this week’s Friday Five: Things that warm Katy up. So I will close out with that fact that I am loving having hot cocoa every night. My personal favorite is Mexican hot chocolate. I love the combination of rich chocolate with a little bit of spice. This Abuelita brand (you can get it at Target) is what I usually buy.